I’m the CEO of Merrill Media, and an entrepreneur, writer, and educator focused on creating meaningful things in the digital world. I’m passionate about building independent, scalable businesses at the intersection of technology and media. I currently live on the Caribbean island of Saint Kitts in the West Indies.
My Professional Bio:
Brad Merrill is the CEO of Merrill Media, a modern holding company focused on building independent, scalable businesses at the intersection of technology and media. He is regarded as an expert in his field, teaching business and technology courses to more than 30,000 students and providing marketing training to a number of prominent startups and Fortune 500 companies.
Merrill considers himself a passionate creative: he loves creating articles, videos, websites, companies, workflows, and new ideas. He has been creating things on the web since 2007, working on dozens of projects and reaching tens of millions of people in the process.
In 2010, Merrill founded VentureBreak, which became a leading source of news about innovation for forward-thinking entrepreneurs, investors, business execs, and interested consumers. Under his leadership, VentureBreak served more than half a million monthly readers, appeared regularly on Techmeme, and found itself cited by a number of notable publications, including the Wall Street Journal. As the editor, Merrill personally interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs and industry luminaries, sharing their stories with VentureBreak’s global audience. In 2015, VentureBreak was acquired by the organizer of Silicon Roundabout, Europe’s largest technology meetup.
Merrill still has his finger on the pulse of the industry as he works to build new properties in today’s evolving media landscape.
Select Projects & Affiliations
- Merrill Media: Merrill Media is a modern holding company focused on building independent, scalable businesses at the intersection of technology and media.
- GigaPress: GigaPress is a blog covering all things WordPress for bloggers, creators, and freelancers.
- Udemy: Udemy is the leading global marketplace for learning and instruction, democratizing education and enabling people worldwide to gain skills and transform their lives. I’m proud to be a bestselling instructor on the platform.
- Output Radio: Output Radio, a side project of mine, is a free, fully-licensed Internet radio station playing low-distraction electronic and alternative music to help you focus and get your work done.
- Brad.gg: I created the first version of this website in 2007. It’s gone through several iterations since then, the oldest of which have unfortunately been lost to time. Brad.gg is home to my blog, where I write about things that interest me in hopes that they may interest you as well.
- VentureBreak: VentureBreak, which I founded in 2010, was a leading source of news about innovation serving an audience of more than half a million entrepreneurs, investors, business execs, and interested consumers. VentureBreak was acquired in 2015 and subsequently shut down.
If you’d like to get in touch for personal or professional reasons, the best way to do so is by email at [email protected]. (Please don’t send pitches or press releases to this address. Also be aware that I’m not currently available for client work of any kind, but I am open to select strategic partnerships.)
You can also find me on Twitter at @_bradmerrill.